Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

I have 2003 s10 with 2.2 engine transmission and PCM are

Customer Question

I have 2003 s10 with 2.2 engine transmission and PCM are installed in aftermarket vehicle. I have had the truck running before one time.. I seem to loose injector signal I'm getting fire constantly and occasionally will get injector pulse which the vehicle will crank right up but kill after only 1 second of running .. I have ObD hooked up but don't have any codes(other then emissions) I'm guessing since it doesn't run longer then 1 second... I need help search for cause of no injector pulse..
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the long wait

when you had it running that one time how long did it run for ?you are using the PCM that came with the engine ?are you using the BCM ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It ran for 10 mins I'm using original PCM from the car. I'm not using a bcm..
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am surprised it ran for 10 minutes as these stock PCM's require a fuel injector enable signal from the BCM when it was in the truck it cam eout of

and when the PCM does not get that fuel injector enable signal the PCM programming is supposed to shut off the fuel injector pulse like what yours is doing now

has the PCM been reprogrammed or is it 100 % stock ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
100%stock
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It gets injector pulse randomly and runs and then kills
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

the injectors will always show 12 volts on one terminal it is just the ground blink it is missing ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have noid light hooked up and after turning key for few seconds it'll get pulse and start then immediately kill
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

ok as long as your sure it is the blinking ground from the computer that is missing

and since you have spark

this issue comes down to a bad computer ground a possibly bad ignition module OR the theft system in the computer is shutting off the injectors since it is not getting a fuel unlock code from the BCM which in the stock truck it will shut off the injector pulse after a second or two when it does not get the BCM pass lock theft code signal

the odds are this PCM is locking out the fuel injectors and since it is the stock PCM it has to be looking for the BCM signal which it is NOT getting with no BCM which we have to first remove the theft system from that stock computer to rule that out

to start that PCM will need to be sent out to a programmer that removes that theft system programming from the PCM then they will ship it back to you and since the theft system programming is removed from the computer it will not shut off the injectors

we really have to start with what we know at this point and that has to be done first here

this place here ( cut and paste ) is one of the best out there

but again the first thing you need to do is have that programming removed from the stock PCM

http://www.autocomputerperformance.com/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was under the impression that the security disabled the fuel pump. It could possibly be a bad ground... But I definitely haven't flashed the computer if you think that's my issue ill have that done next.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

the security disables the fuel injector pulse

If the grounds are good then yes have the computer re flashed to have the theft system removed

if the grounds are good we have to have theta removed out of the PCM next

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay I'm sending it off to be programmed today ill get back to you when it returns
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

sure thing

you can always get me back through this post anytime for free with any follow up with this question anytime even after you rate us here at Justanswer !

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent computer to you suggested company and they are an able to help me ... They said they can not reprogram that .. Do you have any other suggestions ?
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

i do not other than see if you can find another programming place to remove it from the computer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible to get another computer and flash it then install... I don't understand why they said they could do it and then are calling saying they can't.. I haven't had the best experience with them they don't seem to be very professional and never return phone calls..
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

i would search online for another place that can remove the programming for you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would it be possible to just get another computer..
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

the issue is the programming

any new computer will need to be programmed and when it is with the stock programming it will has the theft system in the stock programming

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand, I was thinking I buy a computer program it for the vehicle and also program it to remove security ?I'm just trying to see what's the best way to get this vehicle in the road
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

only an automotive computer programmer can remove the security from the software

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand but my question is will another computer work for what I need ?THe programming place you sent me is saying that a 2002-2003 s10 can't have security removed but that a 99-00 can can I buy a computer for a 99 and have it done or what do you think best thing for me to do is ?Also is there away I can wire in the body control
Module in order to bypass this issue ?
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.

The PCM is looking for this security password, I have no doubt about that.

You simply don't have the ability to generate this encrypted password, it's not as simple as jumpering a wire or whatever. BCM would be sending a message, not just a high or low signal.

However, this can be tuned out with aftermarket programming equipment. I do not "know" that aftermarket tuners have capabilities for the 2.2L engine in the truck, but I suspect that they do. HP Tuners and EFI Live would be two very popular companies that make the interface and software to do this.

What you need is a tuner in your area that will come to you and do it. I live in New England, if you are a New Englander we could probably work something out. Otherwise, ask around at speed shops in your area to see who has tuning capabilities. With the software, it's a very simple matter of hitting a button that says "Disable VATS" and the security system will never be an issue again.