Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Bob my 99 suburban has a good battery but will not start,

Customer Question

hey bob my 99 suburban has a good battery but will not start, there is no electrical activity in the car and all the gauges like the fuel gage is pointing straight down, i jumped it the light under the hood came on turned the key and it seemed to short immediatly and then was dead agian. i had been driving all day and just stopped at a buddys house for 20 mins
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

can you remove and clean both battery cables with sand paper or a scotch pad and see if the power will come back ?

if not on the passenger side front of the lower engine block there is a battery cable ground to the engine near the balancer can you be sure all those grounds there are clean and tight ?

with from what you are describing this truck is missing the main power or ground from a bad battery connections or the ground on the engine block