Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics
18617752

The outside temperature on my Chevy Malibu ltz stuck on 82

Customer Question

The outside temperature on my Chevy Malibu ltz stuck on 82 degrees
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry the Tech you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Now that his 15 minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place...

From what you are describing here, it sounds like the problem is going to be in the Ambient Temp Sensor. The sensor is located at the front of the vehicle, behind hte upper grill (click here for an image). Carefully inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. Inspect the sensor sand make sure the is no debris or build-up on the sensor. If hte visual inspections checks ok, replace the Ambient Temp Sensor. Please do the right thing and remember to leave a rating using the rating system at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions any time, even after you rate or accept. Remember, your rating is required.