GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have an 96 chevy 2 door tahoe 5.7 vortec 350. I was just

Customer Question

Hey i have an 96 chevy 2 door tahoe 5.7 vortec 350. I was just driving down the street, when the car just up and died on me. I tried to re crank it, but it just doesn't want to turn over. I tried to disconnect n reconnect battery terminal. Checked the fuses all good. Even tried to get a jump still nothing. I even thought about the starter but, still not it. I talked to a guy that said he had a chevy doing the same thing. He had to his fuel pump replaced. I thought that maybe that could be the problem, since i have noticed it guzzling alot of gas lately. I cannot get yhe fuel pump replaced at this exact moment. So is their a way i can get it started just to get back home n park it
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.
When you turn the key to try and start it does the starter spin the engine but wont start, or does the starter not even engage and spin the engine at all?