mike
mike, tech
Experience:  30 years of self employed vehicle diagnostic & repair
9261905

My 93corvette will start but when I release the starter it

Customer Question

My 93corvette will start but when I release the starter it stops
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.. Im sorry to see you have had a wait.

Im not 100% sure on the 93 model / version whether you have whats called a Ballast resistor on the ignition system - if you do, then that is your fault here... and it would need a new resistor fitting. ( Any Chev dealer parts dept will tell you if you give them the VIN , which system you have.

If yours does not have the ballast resistor fitment , then I suspect you have a fault with either, the ignition switch / electrical part of the ign switch - or the ign module.

Really you need to carry out a fault code check - I don't know if you know how to do that , I can tell you of you need - or, you can get a shop or someone to do that for you --

But bot***** *****ne is - you are losing the "feed" / live feed to the ignition system, when you let go of the key.. So - generally speaking, as I say, on models that had the resistor fitment, that was the fault.. On the later ones that didn't have that - the ignition unit was the usual culprit. So you need to work through checking as above to get this sorted.

Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..

~>>~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .

.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --

Best Rgds, MIKE.