Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

What does this cost

Customer Question

what does this cost
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.I apologize for any delay.
I see you have already made a deposit for your question.
Can you post the question you have on your vehicle as well as your vehicle info?
Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have 2009 Chevy 3500 Collins van, it will haul 15 people. It will not crank over, we changed battery and still nothing, headlights work, horn ,blower fan, turn signals. When you turn key to start all the dash lights( oil light- seatbelt-etc) just hear a relay above us clicking and it has power to it
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I apologize for the delay.
This may be a fault with the electronic ignition switch itself.I have seen this switch fail before and cause electrical faults like this here.I have also seen the starter/crank relay fail as well as the starter and had to replace these components.
If you have a test light or multi meter to test electrical with I can walk you through some testing to see what we can locate as the cause here just let me know.If not these components will need tested to see which is the cause by someone that does have these tools.
Most common is usually the electronic ignition switch or starter failing.
Thanks Pete