BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

My 2006 trailblazer overheated then died out but was working

Customer Question

My 2006 trailblazer overheated then died out but was working fine days before and I always changed my oil regularly, what can be the problem?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** we begin can you tell me about how hot it got and what the vehicle does now when you try starting it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I let my wife drive she took the residential streets and as she was driving she noticed the temp gage shoot up to 160 the car started getting loud sounding like a diesel truck then then she noticed it decreasing speed, she pulled over, as she was pulling over it started smoking in the front from antifreeze spilling out then it stopped. The next day I tried to start it after refilling the antifreeze and it attempted to start but would not catch.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the response. It sounds like it may have gotten hot enough that is may have blown the head gasket and that is why it will not start. I would do a compression test. This would let you know if there is serious engine damage. Did you plan on fixing this yourself?