Anthony
Anthony, Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Certified
15218643

My coolant reservoir overflowed and coolant became depleted.

Customer Question

my coolant reservoir overflowed and coolant became depleted. coolant light went on and I immediately parked it and have not used it. Coolant reservoir connection at hose broke where plastic outlet joins small brass pipe located between plastic reservoir and inside hose. What really concerns me is if this coolant overflow problem is secondary to other major problem. I noticed aluminum casing on exhaust manifold bent with hole. Is this hole caused by car overheat? I am concerned that car has been running hot for a while without check coolant light on. It is a 2014 chevy spark (not electric)
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

What you need to do is repair the leak at the brass pipe. the refill the cooling system and see how it does. Theres a recall out for the thermostat housing and the water outlet housing that all leak water. I'd get the dealer to to the recalled parts and fix the bottles fitting.