Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

I have a 1998 chevy blazer zr2 ot starts but wont stay

Customer Question

I have a 1998 chevy blazer zr2 ot starts but wont stay started.....like its not getting gas to the engine.......i dnt knw wat to do.....im a single mom of two boys and have a server job so money is tight an im all i have so any kind of help would be awsome
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.

Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.
-
From your description it sounds like a failed fuel pump. You can verify this by spraying carb spray into the throttle body while cranking the engine, if the engine starts and runs longer as carb spray is added to the throttle body, this is very good indication the pump has failed. The next step would be to verify fuel pressure. The fuel pressure test port is on the steel pressure line on the drivers side of the distributor. Advance or Auto Zone should have a fuel pressure tester in the loaner tool program. Check fuel pressure with the key on, fuel pressure should be 55-60psi.
-
I hope this information is helpful to you. Should you have any questions please let me know.
Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much.