AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

1999chevy suburban rear ac doesnt blow cold air while the

Customer Question

1999chevy suburban rear ac doesnt blow cold air while the front works fine
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome!
My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.
The first thing to do is check the AC charge or freon level just to be sure it is full. If it is low it may not cool properly.
If that checks out good, I would suspect a restricted expansion valve or a an issue with the rear air mix door motor/flap. You can check this with a scanner if you have access to one or you can physically feel the tempature of the rear AC lines. Check the 'feel' of the lines from the front to the rear evaporator. Look for warm to hot on the high side. If a 'cold' spot is located, check for a restriction. Check the low side return line. If warm, check for a restricted expansion valve.
Amedee
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It's Amedee from just answer.
I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?
Let me know!
Amedee
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It's Amedee from just answer.
Let me know!
Amedee