sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2007 Malibu LT and had power window issues.

Customer Question

Category: Chevy
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the motor works with jumper wires and the other windows work from the master switch then the issue has to be the switch, wiring or connections at the switch or the motor. Either there is no power or ground leaving the switch, or it's leaving the switch but not making it to the motor. It isn't likely for there to be wiring damage inside the door since it's well protected and doesn't really move.
Was the switch replaced with a used one?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the master switch with a new gm switch and it didn't fix it. The issue I see is when I use a test light on the switch or motor going up or down both wires still remain hot. It's like no ground. Can you guide me further?
All other windows work correctly?
Do you have the original switch to see what it does?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't seem to find it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All other windows work fine both at master and their independent switch
How are you checking for power and ground at the motor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A test hokes to the door and touching each wire on the motor while pushing switch
If you're using a test light and grounding it to the door then you're not going to be able to check for ground.
Connect the alligator clip of the test light to battery positive. At the switch find the dark blue and the brown wire. Backprobe each of these while pressing the switch in each direction and see if the test light lights up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try tomorrow and let you know, meanwhile I ask for a new switch from supplier
Let me know how it goes!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am gonna wait till the switch comes in do I only gave to the food panel off once more, not done yet.
Ok.