Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Last night got home turned off my car 2012 impala went back

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** night got home turned off my car 2012 impala went back out maybe an hour later and it wont start tested the battery 12 volts on it dash lights go on and off
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

can you remove the battery and have the local auto parts store test it for amps and volts and for a bad cell ?

this has all the signs of a bad cell or low amps in that battery

also make sure both battery cables are clean and tight

with issues like this we have to eliminate the battery or battery cables being the problem as any further tests will read wrong if the battery or battery cable connections are the problem

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how long have you owned this car ? any after market remote starters or alarms installed in this car ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done that already no nothing aftermarket wouldn't have just paid $48 for something that simple
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry but i had to ask and be sure

i am not insulting your intelligence we just have to be sure the basics are covered

if the battery cables are clean and tight and the battery is confirmed good with volts and amps and has no bad cells then we need to do a few tests next

the headlights and wiper and horn works ? power windows work ?

do you have a multi meter on hand ?

in the under hood fuse box there is a relay called starter with your fingers on that relay while someone turns the key to crank position do you feel that relay click every time the key is held to crank ?