Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

Chevy Silverado 2005 Unlocked it with my Viper alarm remote

Customer Question

Chevy Silverado 2005 Unlocked it with my Viper alarm remote and noticed that the door did not unlock. Unlocked with the key. Found the the power locks would not operate from the door control either. Cranked the truck and the AC was blowing hot air, the battery and abs light were on and the gauges were all not working. The truck did start and run. Went to start it the next day and the battery is dead. I did a voltage check after the first time and the battery read 12.7 not running and 13.73 running.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resoloution. I also do not work in an office awaiting your reply. I run a small business and will do my best to answer quickly. Depending on the day and time there may be a delay in getting back to you.Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same.

Do you have a test light? Have you checked the fuses? I recommend checking fuses with a test light so you can see power.

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.
I noticed that I have not received a rating from you. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.