BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Chevrolet Tahoe: , I have an 03 Chevy Tahoe z71 i had a

Customer Question

Hi, I have an 03 Chevy Tahoe z71 i had a blowout on the drivers side that ripped my abs sensor and alternator connector, I have repaird the connector but the truck will not start! No security lights, I cannot hear the fuel pump, seems no fuel in the fuel rail, just got a new battery after draining the old one but I cannot figure it out...
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If it ripped this wiring offs hen to more than likely blew a fuse. Check all of the large fuses and the main fuse. If those are fine then you need to see if there is voltage at the fuse box as there are other spots that the wiring may have melted. Let me know if you need moe help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a fuse that would be associated with the alternator? I thought it may have been a fusible link. And there is power at the fuse box, when I turn the key I can hear the fuse for the fuel pump click
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
It does have a fusible link in the wire from the battery.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me where and what this fusible link looks like? I can't identify any burnt wires in or around the fuse panel, and nothing extra coming from the battery
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was just told that my truck does not have a fusible link....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your service has not been helpful in the slightest and you left questions unanswered
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry. I have been unavailable. I can continue with you later today or I can opt out and allow someone else to help you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My vehicle does not have a fusible link, so given that fact and good fuses and power to the fuse box do you have any other ideas