Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

This is a question , related to my 2003 chevy

Customer Question

Hi, this is a question for Cam, related to my 2003 chevy trailblazer, LTZ : according to his advise, I spent 500 euros to change the fan clutch, and nothing changes: the rotation of the fan is still very fast, even when the motor is cold, in the morning.
So the issue is NOT the fan clutch, please need help Etienne
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the long waitso a brand new fan clutch made no difference at all ?are there any codes being set in the computer at all ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is a check engine light illuminated on the Dashboard, I should have connect he vehicule to an OBD external computer to obtain the code, instead of buying an expensive part...
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
with the new clutch fan it came new with the wiring harness on the clutch fan to connect to the connector on the drivers side fan shroud ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, the connection is ok
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
ok if the clutch is new and the harness is new to the fan clutch inspect the wiring from the PCM to the fan clutch connectorif that checks out good the odds are the check engine light is a fan clutch control code which at this point the only left to do to correct this issue is to update the programming in the PCMwe have had programming updates for these computers to correct this code and the to change the operation of the fan roaring way too load and fast when it should not beupdating the computer programming should correct this issue you are having which is a very common issue for these 2003 trailblazers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, sounds good, but I leave in France, so how do I can reprogramm the PCM?
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
if you can not find a local shop that has programming capabilities you need to do a search online and send the PCM out by mail to a place for them to program it for you then they ship it back to you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My car is an export model, VIN : 1GNDT13SX32262751.
How do you send a PCM by mail?
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
once you find a company that can program it for you online they should be able to tell you how to ship them your old PCM