Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

Chevrolet G30: -I have a problem with a chevy van 1991 model

Customer Question

Hi -I have a problem with a chevy van 1991 model 6,2 diesel. The problem is the cold running high rpm dont go off. If we start it cold without stepping the gas pedal -it starts and run on low idle, as soon as we toutch the trottle it jumps up to high idle, and continue to run on high idle. Before it go down itself after a while.
The glow-system is working fine -with longer period when engine is cold and shorter when the engine is hot. The temp display in dash is working also.
So dont think it is the sensors...? Could it be the glow control? Is that control the high idle too, or is it some other that control the high idle
Best regards ***** *****
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resoloution. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same.There is a cold advance solenoid on that vehicle. Please understand that there is a temperature sensor for the gauge and a different one for the computer. Do you have a scanner that you can get some data? I would probably change the Coolant Temperature sensor first. I suspect it may take care of your problem. The harness should also be inspected and repaired or replaced as necessary.You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. A rating is required from you rating me. I am not an employee of this website. I do not have control over the fees, or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative, or not at all you still pay. I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.
I noticed that I have not received a rating from you. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.