BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Chevrolet cpe: When I turn on ac--1994 corvette. Only hot ac

Customer Question

When I turn on ac--1994 corvette. Only hot ac comes out. And I noticed compressor is cutting on and off. Check freion,, OK???
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Does the compressor turn off and on really fast?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
If the compressor is clicking on and off really fast then typically it is caused by a low refrigerant charge or an issue with the pressure switch in the system. How did you check the freon? Do you have a set of a/c pressure gauges?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bobby. I had to change the pressure sensor. The refigerent was fine. There is still a problem. I can't get any cold air. Also I can't air from dash vents. Could it be AC control module or what? Air does come out the vents under the dash.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
Does the air coming from the other vents feel cold?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All the vents under the dash feels slightly cool. I can't get any air cold or hot from the vents up on the face of the dash. I get nothing.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
You have a vacuum actuator issue. You need to check the small vacuum lines that enter the interior from the engine. They are under the hood on the passenger side. See if the vacuum lines are broken.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I looked today and do not see any vacuum lines.The only lines are for windshield washer fluid. There is a box bolted to ac. Plastic housing. I unsnapped it and it looks like a small computer board. And there are 4 fuses in 4 different boxes. There is the ac lines going into housing. I looked and there are no vacuum lines on the firewall, Period! The vents that are low on dash has warm air, but not cold. And of coarse no air out of dash vents.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
Does the a/c return line get cold with the AC on?