Christine-cssm
Christine-cssm,
51872716

GA-crb Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Z71: my 05 suburban with automatic

Customer Question

my 05 suburban with automatic electronic climate control does not provide sufficiently cool air in the front (70) is about the coolest I can get. The rear system easily produces 60 or lower. Refrigerant pressures are about as expected - mid 40s and 150 +. I suspect a n air mixer damper. Am I on the right path? If so, where is it located and how do I gain access to it?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your problem. When are you checking the temp? Like driving or setting still? Also what conditions are you checking the pressures? and what is the temp where you are?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pressures setting still, temps at outlets, driving, outside temp high 80's
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did I loose you?
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 1 year ago.
I am thinking the system is low on charge because the low side is a little high and the high side is a little low. When the system starts to get low either the front or rear runs warmer than the other. I would try adding a 1/2 lb of refrigerant and see if there is any difference, if the temps start to go down in the front I would let it run for about 5 minutes and if the temp is above 50 I would add another 1/2 lb. Let me know if you have more questions on this I am always willing to help, Thanks.
Expert:  Christine-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/985g6-chevrolet-suburban-1500-z71-05-suburban-automatic.html
Thank you, ***** Support Team.