GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet HHR: Ok, I have the 2006 chevy hhr. brake lights

Customer Question

Ok, I have the 2006 chevy hhr. brake lights stay on all the time, but only when it is in gear. When parked they seem to work normally. I checked the brake light switch and the other switch on the brake pedal and they both seem ok.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resoloution. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same.The rear brake lights are controlled by the BCM. Do you have a scanner that you could use to look at some data? By looking at the brake light switch do you mean you literally looked at it or you used a test light and tested it?