BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Chevrolet Corvette LT4: I have a 1999 chevy corvette. Every

Customer Question

I have a 1999 chevy corvette. Every once in a while My reduced engine power light comes on as well as all the other gauges illuminate. I cant even roll up the windows when this happens. Also note the power there is no reduction in power. My fix has been to shut it off and back on and everything returns to normal. Any suggestions on what the problem is?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If this is not actually resulting in the vehicle going into reduced power mode then it is typically a voltage issue. You need to start by making sure that the alternator and the battery can pass a load test. If they do then check the battery cables at both ends and make sure all connections are clean and tight. If all of that is fine then it is typically the ignition switch that is failing.