Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Chevrolet Impala: , I have a 2000 impala with the 3.8 that

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2000 impala with the 3.8 that I am replacing the ac compressor and accumulator. The accumulator had over 8oz of oil and some of the oil spilled out of the compressor when removing. So I am trying to figure out how much oil to have in each.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
the complete system is supposed to hold 8.45 FLOZwith 8 in the accumulator alone someone over oiled this system at one timethe spec to add in the accumulator when replacing it with a new one is 1 OZ of oilthe compressor add 2.0 OZ of oil
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I bring it in to get get evacuated and charged, will that pull any oil out and will they add oil when they charge it. I don't want to add just 3 oz and be short oil in the system.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
if any oil is pulled out they are supposed to measure any oil removed and just add that exact amount back when charging itthe AC machines will measure any oil that is removed during the vacuum or evac of an AC system