BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LS: 05 silverado needs to

Customer Question

05 silverado needs to rev up to change gears at 20 mph it winns a lot fine after that as well as highway no plw no tow 80000 miles
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Bobby. Can you tell me if the check engine light is coming on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no light but oil gauge is on 80 but had oil changed regular told it was a sensor
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. That oil light will not cause this. I would start by cleaning out the mass air flow sensor. In some cases this will help if the sensor is not reading correctly. It is near the air filter and can be removed and sprayed out with mass air flow sensor cleaner. If that does not change anything then also make sure that the battery cables are clean and tight. If the problem continues then this is typically the first sign of an internal transmission failure and may need a rebuild.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will try to clean sensor , and is this rebuild common for this truck at 80000
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
I hate to say it but yes, this transmission typically lasts anywhere between 70,000-100,000 miles.