Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Chevrolet: I have codes c0561 and p1779 on my wife's 2008 equinox.

Customer Question

I have codes c0561 and p1779 on my wife's 2008 equinox. The egr valve was replaced 6 months ago due to solenoid failure.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. This code usually means the EGR valve has failed, it should be under warranty. I would recommend bringing vehicle back to place you bought it, if you replaced EGR yourself bring it back and replace. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
An egr valve should last longer than 6 months/4000 miles.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Egr valve, gasket and tube to exhaust were all replaced at the same time. All sealing surfaces were properly cleaned and free of damage/defects. I have over 33 years experience in ship and drilling rig engine rooms.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The plug connections for the egr solenoid are all clean.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What other than the egr valve will cause the codes c0561 and p1779?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
The only other thing that will cause these codes is wiring/connection problems. I agree the EGR should last longer which makes me think it was a poor quality part. Each wire should have under 5 ohms resistance between PCM and EGR. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.