Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

Chevrolet Tahoe LT: My blower does not turn off unless I take

Customer Question

My blower does not turn off unless I take fuse out after car is turned off
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.
Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.-From your description most likely the problem is the Blower Motor Control Module or Blower Motor Resistor, depending on whether or not you have a manual A/C system or automatic controls. The part is located next to the blower motor. On manual systems check the harness connector and replace it if has heated up and melted the connector. The blower resistor/module is powered constantly from the fuse you're having to pull. When the blower resistor/module shorts to power the fan will remain on when the key is off. -I hope this information is helpful to you. Should you have any questions please let me know.Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you. Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.Thanks so much.