Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Chevrolet Tahoe LS: The apb Light and the red break lights

Customer Question

The apb Light and the red break lights went on while driving
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. This usually means the abs module has failed when both lights come on at the same time but you will want to start by checking diagnostic codes related to abs which some parts stores will do for free. If no communication then you will want to check power/ground at abs module and replace. This is about a $500 job to have at dealership or you can do yourself for around $200. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I drive the car for a while before I get it fixed?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Yes vehicle will be fine to drive as is. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.