Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Chevy Impala: I have a 2012 Impala. When making left turns

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Impala. When making left turns from a stop the engine will rev but the car won't go for a moment or will go very slowly and the traction control light will come on. It's almost as if the wheels were spinning on a patch snow or ice, however they're not spinning and it's on dry pavement.
Is this a traction control issue or CV joint or something else? I'm not sure if it's electronic or mechanical.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
I am very sorry for the long waitthe odds are what is happening is one of the front wheel speed sensors is going bad or the wiring to one of the front sensors is damaged or a connection is being pulled too tight when turning and sending a wrong signal to the ABS system and traction control siganl telling it a wheel is spinning too fast when the wheel is not activating the traction control when it should not bethe odds are there will be a code set in the ABS system stating which wheel sensor is acting upit is usually one of the front wheelsand usually this issue ends up being a front sensor bad or the wiring to one of the front sensors being the problemthere should be no axle or internal transmission issue at all
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
how are you making out ?