GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

It never occurred to me it might be two separate issues just

Customer Question

It never occurred to me it might be two separate issues just so I am crystal clear on the abs light/wheel bearing issue would it still apply being that when I do get it restarted that the abs light would go off. The reason I thought it was 1 issue was
probably because when I saw the abs light went on I would shut the car off I guess that was my bad on the sporadic nature of the no start can a starter be that finicky
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
I agree, let me know if you end up running into questions. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had all the abs sensors checked and all are ok the problem still exists since I know a little about electricity from my brother-in-law ( who is an electrician ) but I do not know cars if the following statements are true 1. the car always uses the battery for starting . 2. the dash lights always light up from battery power
and both the battery and alternator were replaced
but since when the abs light comes on I shut the car off and then if I try to start it right away it will not but 30 min later it does
also when the abs light comes on and I shut it off and I dot not try to restart right away but wait 30 min it will start
It seems that when the abs light comes on and I shut down there may not be enough battery power to start but after about 30 min being a new battery it recovers enough to start
based on that it seems to be electrical but where?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Yes the car will always use the battery for starting and after starting all the lights on dash turn on for a couple seconds for a bulb check. Next step is to monitor battery voltage at starter during problem, if starter has at least 11v while trying to start then starter needs to be replaced. If not wiring needs to be checked, let me know what test shows. Thanks.