Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Chevrolet Carlo SS: I have a 2007 Carlo ss that

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Monte Carlo ss that is detecting a cylinder 7 miss fire. I got my plugs replaced replaced yesterday and no change, so I went and bought a new coil for it. I replaced the coil and I'm still having the issue. The car is at 97000 miles and I been getting my oil changes on time. I'm kinda lost at this point
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. It sounds like you probably have a bad injector. You can do a compression test to verify it about the same as other cylinders. Next step would either be replace injector or swapping it with another cylinder to see if misfire follows injector, if so replace. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks for the response, just to clarify the injectors are cylinder specific?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Yes, once you pull off injector rail it is the same injector for the coil you replaced. This is about a 1.5 hour job to replace at a shop. let me know if you would like replacement instructions, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did a visual inspection of cylinder 7 fuel injector and at first glance I noticed a wire sitting on a pipe. And after I noticed a the pipe hand burn marks and the wire looks a bit warn out. I know heat can be a bad news when it comes to wires is it possible that not the fuel injector but maybe the wire has gone bad?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
That is possible but the only way to know for sure would be to test injector pulse with a LED test light. One wire should have constant power and other wire should pulsate ground off/on. Let me know how it goes, thanks.