Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Chevrolet 1500: I have a 2006 chevy silverado 1500 with 4.3

Customer Question

I have a 2006 chevy silverado 1500 with 4.3 v6. I have had problem with the check engine code of lean in bank 1and 2 . Took to chevy dealer 4 Times. Replaced cats. Replaced o2 sensors. Replaced map sensor. Extreme fuel Service done. Smoke test done. Everything possible. Can't find any vacuum leaks anywhere they say. Everything on the diagnosis computer says everything is running as it should can't figure out why. Now they say it is the computer. I'm tired of pouring all this money into it. Any other u think it would be other than the computer?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I haven't figured it out yet. It's a 2006 chevy silverado reg cab 4x4 4.3 v6 5spd
Can you try this vacuum leak test, the smoke test is not very effective. Idle the engine and spray short bursts of flammable brake cleaner around every seal, gaskets, bolt, nut, components, hose, and pipe between the head to intake connection and the air filter. If you hit a leak the idle speed will increase. Can you check the fuel pressure? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fuel test and vacuum test has been done as well. Found no leaks
The only remaining thing I can offer are the GM tests for the codes for you to complete yourself. I would need to know the codes first, then you could see if it ends up being the PCM.