AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

My instrument cluster doesn't work the lights went out and

Customer Question

my instrument cluster doesn't work the lights went out and the ac controls lights are out do you know what it could be??
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome!
Thank you for requesting me!
Can I start by getting your VIN and the codes in the computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i don't have the codes but the vin is 2GCEC13T751143421
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the VIN!
Are all of the gauges on the cluster not working or is it just the illumination lights that are out on the cluster?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its just the illumination of the cluster, well my whole dash board
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Gotcha!
If all of the fuses and wiring on the vehicle checks out, I suspect either the BCM is at fault or the illumination switch is bad provided you got it on the right setting.m (not turned down).
You might want to get the BCM scanned for codes as that is what controls the illumination based off of certain inputs.
Customer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and do i take that to a shop to check it out or what?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
You could take it to a shop or you can do it yourself if you can get your hands on a scanner that can read codes or live data from the body control module.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok then when a shop opens up on Monday I will get back at you about that because I need to fix that
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
You can certainly honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "excellent service" today and post back tomorrow at no further cost.
Customer
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
If your sure the dimmer is not turned off or down all of the way then the only other possible causes other than the ones I mentioned above would be a bad ground. However, this should flag codes in the BCM which would make it easy to trace the correct circuit in order to find the bad ground.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?
Let me know!
Customer
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you have any further assistance?
Let me know!
Customer
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It'sCustomerfrom just answer.
I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?
Let me know!
Customer