Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

Chevrolet Silverado 1500: The add-on safety/caution flashing

Customer Question

The add-on safety/caution flashing light on my 2012 Silverado stopped working. I found a burnt wire on the activate switch & replaced it. It still does not work & I suspect a blown fuse but have checked all & not found a bad one. Except for the center IP fuse block which I can not seem to open. Could the problem be with a fuse in there?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resoloution. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same.Since it is an add on component it depends on where they tied in for power. This is a tricky one without having information from either the manufacturer or installer. Do you know what brand the device is?You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. A rating is required from you rating me. I am not an employee of this website. I do not have control over the fees, or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative, or not at all you still pay. I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.