Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

Chevrolet Silverado 3500: I have 2006 chevy with diesel Durmax

Customer Question

I have 2006 chevy with diesel Durmax and it will go but want change out and want even change manually.
And i cant tell what its now it doesnt show up P RND12. And it saying i need to service my brakes and the brake light stays on.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The main issue is its not changing out its hung in maybe 2nd gear and when you put it in R D or P it jerks really hard
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.
You put a transmission module in this. Was the problem present before you replaced the module? Did you program the TCM the way it needs to be programmed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wouldn't shift out before I put it on but the brake light didn't stay on and the brake service didn't say that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't know what TMC is Chevrolet just sold me the part didn't say anything about TMC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry TCM
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So how do I program it
It requires dealer equipment. You cannot plug and play a transmission module, they come out of the box blank and must be programmed with software specific to your truck. You'll have to take it to the dealer and have it programmed.