GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet C3500 HD: , I have a 2004 chevy 3500 6.6. The

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 2004 chevy 3500 6.6. The Dr rear window switch shorted out and as a result, there are no back lighting in everything but the radio and dash message board. The tcm a2 fuse is good.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, I am Cam. Can I get your first name please? DO you have outside back lights?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My name is tristan. I do have outside back lights.
There are several fuses in both fuse blocks for good causes. Have you checked all of them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Multiple times so far, they're all good.
Do you have a test light? If so can you do some testing at the body control module? It's under the dash directly below the steering column. In the 6 pin connector on the left side, see if the brown wire gets power with the lights on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No power on the brown wire
There are 3 orange wires, 2 in the clear or white connector with 6 pins and another in the 6 pin black connector. dO they have power all the time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no power on the 3 orange wires from the clear 6 pin nor the orange wire in the black 6 pin.
Is your tester working properly? For all three to be out is very off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's working fine, tested the connection in the wire harness before and during use.
OK, check the TBC 2A 2B and 2C in the left dash fuse block. IF those are good and do not have power, check the LBEC ! 50 amp square fuse in the underhood fuse block.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The 2a, 2b, and 2c fuses are good and have power. Also checked the LBEC and MBEC fuses with an ohm meter.
That means your Body Control Module (BCM) is faulty then and will need replacement and programming.