GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2007 Aveo P0106 checked wiring from MAP to ECM all voltages

Customer Question

2007 Aveo P0106 checked wiring from MAP to ECM all voltages & grounds good, throttle body cleaned, no vacuum leaks, valve timing is good, engine has power
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MAP sensor tested good however she took to an automotive shop that replaced the map sensor which didn't fix it. EGR checked good (removed and cleaned but was closing fully and checked good on Verus Pro). PCV system tested & PCV changed (installed new PCV but only b/c it is cheap and hers was dirty but still operative).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Baro pressure @28.5 and idle vacuum 11 inches Hg. Throttle plate positioning at idle is @6 percent after cleaning TB.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
P0106 asserts but without MIL. OBDII all systems pass with "No Fault Codes" so there is no freeze frame data to find out when P0106 code is asserting.
Expert:  David H replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer.There is an updated software calibration for false p0106 code. Try repogramming the ECM with the latest software release.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She never had this code before b/c I have been checking it for the past few years with my Solus Ultra and now with my Verus Pro and she never had this fault before so why is she getting it now? I seen it on the TSBs but she never got the code before also it d/n illuminate the MIL just has the fault code on the manufacturer side of the Verus Pro & not on the OBDII side.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The reprogramming came out in 2008 or around there correct??
Expert:  David H replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure about the Verus Pro issue. I do not use this scanner. I always update the software first If no solution is found with normal diagnostics. Why it showed up now is hard to know. Possibly the engine parameters have changed with age setting the code.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was charged $23 plus the initial $5 but I selected for you to call me which says it will charge me $18. I still haven't received a satisfactory answer without further conversation or a phone call.
Expert:  David H replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I did not see the phone call request.
Expert:  David H replied 1 year ago.
I need you phone number to call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It now states you are unable to call me??...but you are still available online??
Expert:  David H replied 1 year ago.
I hope the phone consult was helpful. Let me know if you require more assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK and just wanted to correct a previous statement I had Baro pressure @28.5 and the manifold pressure was @11 (not inches Hg) equating to @17.5 inches Hg. Thanks & I'll let you know outcome after reprogramming
Expert:  David H replied 1 year ago.
Okay, thank you for the reply.