Anthony
Anthony, Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Certified
15218643

Chevy Z71: I own a 2004 Chevy Suburban. The driver-side window

Customer Question

I own a 2004 Chevy Suburban. The driver-side window has a "mind of its own". Sometimes it won't move from the "up" position, and sometimes when it is down, it won't go up. Eventually, a day or so later, it will work. It has been stuck half way now for 4 days and the rain is coming. Also, anyone can reach in and open the door. This has been going on for a year. In winter I don't dare open the window. Sometimes it can work well for 5 weeks. The last dealer I took it to did not have a clue. Any ideas? Has this happened to others?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.
Hello!Have you ever had the drivers window switch panel replaced?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry for any delays...
The switches on the driver door panel go bad very often. i would replace those and it should be fixed then. The job takes only 20 minutes and the part is about $75