Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LT 4x4: dave I have a 2007 chevy

Customer Question

Hi dave I have a 2007 chevy suburban 2500 4x4 LT. My ac is not working. When I go to turn on the ac the light blinks 3x and nothing happens. I am assuming either the sunload sensor and/or in-car air temp sensor need to be changed. If so, do you have directions on how to replace the sunload sensor on this vehicle. Or do you think it may be another issue that I am not thinking ?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.
When the AC light blinks, it's telling you that the outside air temp is too low for the AC to engage. More often than not, this problem is caused by a faulty outside air temp sensor, which is located behind your grille, attached to the hood latch support in front of the radiator/condenser.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have to reset or clear any codes after replacement ? If I have the situation after I replace that sensor should I replace the in car sensor?
There should be no need to reset or relearn anything. If this is the problem, it will simply cease to be the problem once you put a new sensor in. I wouldn't replace any other sensors without diagnostics to support it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Jerry,DO you have photos or pictorials that you can supply even instructions on how to change the sensor.
I sure do. See attached. :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay jerry I replaced the ambient temp sensor and it still blinks.
What is the outside temperature reading on the dash/mirror?