Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  building and driving chevy's since i was in the womb!!!! camaro and corvette enthusiest, access to factory diagrams and tsb's
27644750

Chevrolet Malibu: I have a 2007 Chevy Malibu that was start

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Chevy Malibu that was start when you turn the key on. I can get underneath and start it from the starter. What could be the problem?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
So far sounds like the ignition switch or the starter had failed. Can you use a test light on the starter solenoid when someone is cranking to see if you have a signal ? If so the starter is bad. If no signal , do you have a theft light on the dash that flashes when cranking ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We already replaced the ignition switch and the starter tests fine. No lights on dash.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
ok, what do you mean by starter tests fine, i need to know if you get 12 vollts on the starter solenoid small wire when the key is turned to crank
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
here are the schematics, have you checked the associated fuses and relays? after the ignition switch is replaced the theft system, has to be relearned.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.