Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt with a P1810. Seems to shift ok. What

Customer Question

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt with a P1810. Seems to shift ok. What do I need?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** is a manifold pressure switch code. This switch almost never fails. The transmission harness is routed right along the edge of the engine oil filter housing. This is a really sharp edge and has worn into the plastic covering and can wear into the dark blue wire. Here is a wire diagram of system to help with testing. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.-https://www.dropbox.com/s/ax483p9oeyavt0o/wd.svg?dl=0-
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its my aunts car and shes in another state. I will update you when I know. Thanks a bunch.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
No problem, make sure to let me know how it turns out or if you run into more questions. Thanks again and have a great day!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They tell me the wires are fine? It does shift funny from 1st to 2nd and in reverse?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
If your sure wiring is good then replace the pressure switch but I would consider testing the wiring, each wire should have under 5 ohms resistance. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok be in touch
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
No problem, keep me updated. Thanks!