George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Tech ASE Master Tech 15+ years
13574682

George... I've been having a problem with my 05 Chevy Colorado's

Customer Question

Hi George... I've been having a problem with my 05 Chevy Colorado's fan. I've replaced the resistor and wiring, checked and sanded the ground on the fender, but the fan will not come only. It did briefly a couple of times after I sanded the ground connection but not since. Any thoughts?
Thanks, Del
Category: Chevy
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, Do you have a voltmeter to check the circuit if I guide you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do but am not home right now to do that. What should I check?
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Thats OK I will be here later as well so let me know when you are ready. First you want to place the meter on the orange wire at the resistor, key on and blower on low, do you have 12 volts? Now switch to high speed ? Still 12 volts? Problem is in the switch or the ground. Next step would be to pull the switch and connect the orange wire to the black wire with a heavy paperclip. If the blower then runs you have to replace the blower switch. If you see burnt or melted connectors along the way they must be repaired. Let me know what you find so I can help Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George,I haven’t had a chance to check your suggestion yet but I will asap and let you know.Thanks
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
No problem, we work at your pace. Let me know what you find Thanks