Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Classic WT: my 2006 chev goes into

Customer Question

my 2006 chev goes into limp mode while tolling and after taking the 5th wheel off its runs fine
I had the fuel injection pump replace as well as the fuel pressure reg we travel to truckee ca from the bay area and everything is fine when coming home after several hours of driving it goes it to limp mode going up the sunol grade in fremont ca
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.
Has anyone ever read the trouble codes that are stored in the engine computer, and do you know what the code numbers are/were?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it just happen last night and I was close to home and when I started it today the engine warning light was off and it runs fine but I am not tolling my 5th wheel
OK. There is information stored in your computer about why it went to limp mode. That is crucial information that needs to be recovered before any diagnosis should take place, it's going to point us in the right direction. You can have this info read at your local repair shop, though they will probably charge you for the service. Or you can go to many parts stores (Autozone, Advance, etc.) and they will read codes free of charge. If you would like to get these codes and come back and let me know what they are, I'd be happy to decipher them for you, and see if we can figure out what's going on with your truck.