Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

Chevrolet: , DON My name is***** own a 1986

Customer Question

HI, DON
My name is***** own a 1986 Corvette and lost my last set of keys. I have gone to a dealer but they told me they could not get them before 1990 .I do have the numbers. can you help me . my E/MAIL is***@******.***
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.
What numbers do you have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the vechicle identification number
OK, we can't do anything with a VIN that old, your dealer is in the same boat that the rest of us are. A locksmith is going to be your best option here, they can come out and recode the locks on your car and get you going. To my knowledge, there is no database of lock numbers going back that far, you need at least a cut code or something to work with, but we can't get it by VIN.