Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

Timing of all: 1) First replaced Reman PS Pump, Reman PS

Customer Question

Timing of all: 1) First replaced Reman PS Pump, Reman PS Gear Box and aftermarket HP Hose from PS Pump to brake booster - NOISE. 2) Replaced PS pump with new PS pump - NOISE 3) Replaced third time OEM PS Pump and two HP Hoses. one from PS pump to booster
and one from booster to PS gear box - NOISE In all three times I bled the system wheels off ground lock to lock and with air pump....very quiet, but until i drive it and engine warms up the noise comes back only when turning slow.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.
Frankly, I suspect that your aftermarket gearbox is allowing air to enter the system. It can be any of the three components: booster, pump, or gear. But it seems that you put a gear in this initially, and have been battling the noise ever since, but haven't replaced the gear a second time. I think I'd lean that way.