GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet silverado 1500 HD: 2003 Chevy Silverado 1500HD POWER

Customer Question

2003 Chevy Silverado 1500HD POWER STEERING ISSUE.
I have replaced the 3rd PS Pump and now have the OEM PS Pump installed, a reman PS Gear Box, both high pressure lines: one from the PS Pump to the brake booster and booster to PS gear box.
Flushed with all new Valvoline PS fluid.
I have bleed the system MANY times: Front tires off ground & with a vacum of 18psi....Lock to lock while off and running 30-50 times.
Test drive and starts out perfect then as the engine warms up I get a gurgling sound at stop making turn!!!! I have done the bleed procedure at least 6-times with no resolution.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.
I have come across peculiar issues like this, and it comes down to air intrusion into the PS system. Is the fluid foaming when it starts making this noise? What is the timing of all these parts replacements, did the noise start after you replaced a part, or have you replaced all of these parts multiple times, trying to fix this noise?