Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a 2007 chevy Avalanche and the check engine light keeps

Customer Question

I have a 2007 chevy Avalanche and the check engine light keeps coming on as well as the service stabilitrack and traction control light. Also a message, engine reduced power will appear. At first it was the cylinder #1 spark plug keeps becoming fouled out. I have change the spark plug and the truck is still running rough with engine reduced power. I took it to advance auto and multiple codes would come out, multiple misfires, throttle accuator, and fuel level sensor. can anyone assist with this and give some advise
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. The most common cause of stabilitrak and traction control lights is a failing Steering Wheel Position Sensor. With the misfire problem it sounds like you may have a collapsed lifter which would show up in a compression test or a injector problem. The only way I see everything being related is if problem is related to the PCM.I think your probably better off letting dealership take care of problem as there seems to be multiple unrelated problems and they will need to reprogram new steering wheel position sensor regardless. I'd expect around $800 bill for repairs assuming lifter is not collapsed. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.