cardoctor71
cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  MasterCertified ASE Technician With 35 years experience
36867192

Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 Z71: My chevy avalanche seems to have

Customer Question

My chevy avalanche seems to have a short or loose connection. After the car is driven for roughly 30 min if i hit a bump the right way the electronics go blackfor a second and the computer resets. Idle becomes unlearned and the vehicle stalls. I did find a loose terminal on my battery and i tighten that thinking it was the problem, but it is still doing it. I also found that my tire center over filled my front tires by 10psi and that helped rattle the hell out of my front end. I fixed that also. Is there some sort of relay or fuse that could have worked loose?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.
Not likely a fuse,but a loose connection inside the power train control module would have these symptoms, start by using a wiggle test on the wiring going to the( PCM), please accept my answer and rate my performance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Quiet frankly this is a non answer. I stated in my question that i did the wiggle test.
A more detailed response other than to tell me to try again would be better
I'm sorry must have missed that in your description it states that it occurs on bumps. What i am referring to is to actually move the wiring harness with your hand with the engine running ,transm in park, and e brake applied. When you locate your issue the engine will either stall or set codes in the computer or other wise react in some way that you will notice. please accept my answer,I have also included an offer to talk to you more in depth on the phone, please accept it.