Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

Chevrolet Impala SS: I'm chris I have an 05 impala ss with

Customer Question

Hi I'm chris I have an 05 impala ss with after market head lights and the high and low beams are on at the same time and drivers side is really dim. They were working fine I was adjusting them and was putting the drivers side head light back in and all of a sudden they went funny and the high and low beams both came on and the drivers side went dim
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like you have a broken ground. The left side headlamp seems to be finding ground through the right side headlamp, causing it to glow dimly. Check the electrical connectors at both lights, you should use a test light and find that you have power and ground at both connectors. I think you'll find that one of them has no ground (due to a broken wire, usually), once that's repaired, you should be fine.