Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

Chevrolet silverado 2500hd: have 2004 chevy 2500 hd had the

Customer Question

have 2004 chevy 2500 hd had the air checked every thing at appropriate levels when idling air is a lot warmer. warm air on right side of cab is almost hot. if you drive down highway temp on drivers side is cold. passenger side is luke warm have replaced left and right side door actuators, what is the remedy?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.
This often comes from an undercharged system, or a system that has air charged into it. When you say you had it "checked" I am curious how they ascertained that it was filled to spec with refrigerant. A gauge will not tell you this, the only way to know is if you charge it with the correct amount. The gauge pressure fluctuates depending on ambient temperature, so it's not a method for determining state of charge. If this were in my shop, I would evacuate the system, draw a good vacuum on it, and recharge it to spec before doing anything else.