GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I got a 2007 Suburban 5.3 2x2 with an engine power reduced

Customer Question

I got a 2007 Suburban 5.3 2x2 with an engine power reduced fault. getting codes p2138 and p0102 p4055 in that order. I have already cleaned the maf sensor, replaced the tps, and am now looking into replacing the accelerator assembly. gas pedal. I also have other issues that have been documented with technical bulletins, but I still have the problem with the engine power reduced.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.
P2138 is specific to the APP circuits, and generally speaking, means you need a new APP sensor. However, have a look at the wiring and make sure you don't have any obvious chafing, loose connections, etc. at the APP and on the sections of the harness that you can put your eyes/hands on. This is likely going to be fixed with a new APP, but I do have occasional wiring issues that cause this, too. P0102 and P0455 (corrected from P4055 that you listed) are not related and will not cause power loss issues.