BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Chevrolet 2500 cummins: 03 duramax lb7 6.6 died while driving

Customer Question

03 duramax lb7 6.6 died while driving on freeway. I immediately pumped primer and would run just long enough to go run around and try to pump to keep running and die. I replaced filter and housing orings. Now what? Just cranks won't build fluid print. Just air pressure:/
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. If the primer will not pump up and if there is still air coming from it then you either have a leaking rubber line or you have a restriction in the fuel tank. It is common to get build up in the fuel tank from the diesel and it then causes the line outlet to clog. I would check the rubber sections of the lines first. Let me know if you need more help.