GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet K5 Blazer 4x4 (Full Size): I have a question about

Customer Question

Hi I have a question about my 79 k5. I just changed out my carb and it is idling great. When I put it in gear,"automatic 350" it is very sluggish and feels very restricted no get up and go power. Changed plugs wires carb, fuel filter checked timing. All go still very sluggish.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,I'll try to help you here.What carb do you have and who rebuilt it?Have you checked the ignition timing?Gary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My carb is brand new! It is flooding out making the blazer stall. I have a fuel pressure regulated I am going to put on today. My qjet did the same thing but didn't stall. Good gas smell from both.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gas on the primary butterflies good indication of flooding I guess
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
A few things to check:Any carburettor should have the float level rechecked once fitted. The float bangs around in transit and could be incorrect from previous mishandling etc.Any rubber line disturbed during fitment could fragment and end up trapped in the needle and seat area, flooding the engine, I have seen that many times, on hoses between fuel filter and carburettor.I would fit your regulator set for 5psi max, and recheck float level etc as above.Gary